William B. Rudman
William B. Rudman (born 1944), usually known as Bill Rudman, is a malacologist from New Zealand and Australia. In particular he studies sea slugs, opisthobranch gastropod molluscs, and has named many species of nudibranchs.
He is perhaps most widely known for his website, the Sea Slug Forum, which was affiliated with the Australian Museum. The Sea Slug Forum was a voluminous resource, which in Rudman's words: "aims to generate more interest in these fascinating animals by sharing information with a worldwide audience.". Sea Slug Forum had information and numerous images of nudibranchs, bubble-snails, sea hares and other kinds of sea slugs.
Rudman's bibliography includes:
- Rudman W. B. (25 October 2004). "Further species of the opisthobranch genus Okenia (Nudibranchia: Goniodorididae) from the Indo-West Pacific". Zootaxa 695: 1-70. abstract
- Gordon D. P. & Rudman W. B. (12 June 2006). "Integripelta acanthus n. sp. (Bryozoa: Eurystomellidae) — a tropical prey species of Okenia hiroi (Nudibranchia)". Zootaxa 1229: 41-48. abstract
- Rudman W. B. (7 December 2007). "Two new species of Okenia (Gastropoda: Nudibranchia: Goniodorididae) from eastern Australia and Tanzania". Zootaxa 1657: 57-67. abstract
- The natural history of Sidney on Google Books, p. 121
- Coan E. V., Kabat A. R. & Petit R. E. (2009). 2,400 years of malacology, 6th ed., February 15, 2009, 830 pp. + 32 pp. [Annex of Collations]. American Malacological Society: http://www.malacological.org/publications/2400_malacology.html
- Sea Slug Forum, accessed 4 March 2010.
- Rudman, William B.. ZooBank, accessed 4 March 2010.
- Loch I. (1988). W. B. Rudman – Malacological bibliography and described Taxa. Sydney: Australian Museum, 8 pp.
- Miller A. (1998). "Shellebrities, W. B. Rudman, BSc. MSc. (Hons) PhD. DSc". Australian Shell News 101: 7. (with portrait).
- Data related to W.B. Rudman at Wikispecies