|This biographical article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2008)|
Bloom gained a doctorate in political psychology from the London School of Economics, where he lectured in Psychological Problems in International Politics. He also worked as a tutor with adults and adolescents with special needs for ten years, and as a trainer.
Since the late 1970s Bloom’s writing and teaching have reflected his interest in new approaches to exploring consciousness and spirituality. His holistic background includes a two-year spiritual retreat living amongst the Saharan Berbers in the High Atlas mountains. His diary of this period was published as The Sacred Magician. He has also spent over 20 years on the faculty of the Findhorn Foundation. In 1988 William co-founded and was for 10 years director of the Alternatives Programme at St James' Church, Piccadilly.
He is a meditation teacher and he teaches and runs workshops internationally. He has appeared in radio and television programmes including The Moral Maze and The Soul of Britain. He addressed the UN Oslo Conference on Religion and Belief (August 1998).
In 1999 he founded Holistic Partnerships, an educational and training consultancy that particularly works with the material of his book The Endorphin Effect.
- http://www.cygnus-books.co.uk/messages-from-%3Cbr%3Ewilliam-bloom-t32.html Cygnus Publishing
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/content/articles/2004/12/29/faith_m_o_feature.shtml BBC Interview
- http://www.newstatesman.com/200008280032 New Statesman
- http://www.hayhouse.co.uk/authorbio.php?id=328 Hay House
- http://www.edgelife.net/issues/2005/07/bloom2.html Edge Life magazine
- Devas, Fairies and Angels, 1986, Gothic Image Publications
- The Sacred Magician: A Ceremonial Diary, Gothic Image Publications, 1992
- Personal Identity, National Identity and International Relations, Cambridge University Press 1990 (1st Edition Hardcover) (Paperback 1993)
- Meditation in a Changing World, Gothic Image
- The Seekers Guide: Dictionary of New Age Resources, HarperCollins, May 21, 1992
- Money, Heart and Mind: Financial Well-Being for People and Planet, Penguin, October, 1996
- First Steps: An Introduction to Spiritual Practice, Findhorn Press, September, 1997
- Psychic Protection: Creating Positive Energies For People And Places, Piatkus, December 18, 1997
- The Penguin Book of New Age and Holistic Writing, (ed), Penguin, 2001
- Feeling Safe: How to Be Strong and Positive in a Changing World, Piatkus, October 24, 2002
- Solution: The Holistic Manifesto, Hay House, October 15, 2004
- Working with Angels, Fairies and Nature Spirits, June 1, 2010
- The Endorphin Effect, Piatkus, November 3, 2011