William Chapman Nyaho
He graduated from the Achimota School in Achimota, where he studied piano with John Barham. He holds B.A. and M.A. degrees in music from St Peter's College, Oxford University, an M.M. from the Eastman School of Music, and a D.M.A. from the University of Texas at Austin. He has also studied at the Conservatoire de Musique de Genève. He has taught at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Colby College and Willamette University. He currently teaches privately and performs nationally and internationally giving recitals, masterclasses and workshops.
His repertoire includes music by Gamal Abdel-Rahim, Margaret Bonds, Samuel Coleridge-Taylor, Robert Nathaniel Dett, Halim El-Dabh, Coleridge-Taylor Perkinson, Gyimah Labi, and Joshua Uzoigwe. He has performed throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe, as well as in China.
He lives in Seattle, Washington.
On February 22, 2014, Nyaho visited Raleigh, North Carolina to host a Master class.
- Senku: Piano Music by Composers of African Descent (MSR Classics)
- ASA: Piano Music by Composers of African Descent (MSR Classics)
- "Aaron Copland: Music for Two Pianos" Nyaho/Garcia Duo (Centaur Records)
- Biography on American Voices website
- Preview (with profile) of an event at the Hornby Festival in Spring 2010
- Profile on WNYC website
- Official site
- Nyaho page
- review by WNYC
- Review by musicweb-international of ASA - Piano music by composers of African descent