|Colton in 2012|
|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 47th district
|Preceded by||Frank Barbaro|
|Alma mater||St. John's University, B.A.
Brooklyn College, M.S.
St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
First elected to the Assembly in 1996, Colton currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Majority Conference and has previously served as Chair of the Legislative Commission on Solid Waste Management.
Prior to entering the Assembly Colton worked as a teacher within the New York City public school system, serving as a UFT Chapter Chairperson for six of his eleven years in that occupation, and as a licensed attorney since 1979.
Colton is the co-founder and organizer of the Bensonhurst Tenants Council, founder of the Bensonhurst Straphangers Committee, and served as an attorney in the lawsuit that successfully prevented the re-opening of the Southwest Brooklyn Incinerator.
- New York State Assembly Member Website
- Biography: New York State Democratic Committee
- Gotham Gazette's Eye On Albany: New York State Assembly: District 47
- Project Vote Smart: Interest Group Ratings
- Weiner, Colton Launch Cell Phone Collection Drive For Local Seniors Press Release.
- Ride At Your Own Risk: Pol Blasts DOT
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 47th District