William D. Coleman (pastor)
|William D. Coleman|
|Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, North America|
The Andhra Christian Theological College comprised faculty from four previous entities:
- Andhra Union Theological Seminary, Dornakal
- Baptist Theological Seminary, Kakinada
- Lutheran Theological College, Rajahmundry
- Ramayapatnam Baptist Theological Seminary, Ramayapatnam
W. D. Coleman worked in an ecumenical environment together with Baptists, Lutherans, Anglicans, and Wesleyans. It was Coleman who supervised the relocation of the College from Rajahmundry to Hyderabad as well as establishing the new campus in Hyderabad, especially during the Licence Raj.
|Professor of Old Testament
- Sir Stanley Reed (Edited), The Times of India Directory and Year Book including Who's Who, Bennett, Coleman and Company, Kolkata, 1963.
- al-Basheer, Volumes 1-2, Henry Martyn Institute of Islamic Studies, Hyderabad. p.29. 
- Yearbook, United Lutheran Church in America, 1965. p. 11. 
- Edgar R. Trexler, Mission in a New World, Fortress Press, 1977. p. 29. 
- Indian Church History Review, Volume 13, Church History Association of India, 1979. p. 83. 
- The Lutheran, Volume 11, Issues 1-12, Lutheran Church in America, 1973. p. 40.
- The Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church: a Brief History, The Department of Religious Education of the Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1951. 
- Further reading
- Lutheran Church in America (1968). Minutes of the biennial convention (4-5).