William D. Green
|William D. Green|
William D. Green at the World Economic Forum on Latin America in 2011
|Education||MBA, Honorary Doctor of Laws|
|Alma mater||Dean College, Babson College|
|Occupation||Executive Chairman, Accenture|
|Predecessor||Joe W. Forehand|
William D. Green (born August 1953) is an American business executive. He is the retired (as of 2/1/2013) executive chairman of the global Accenture management consulting firm.
Green was raised in Hampden, Massachusetts and did odd jobs managing horses, assisting electricians, and in construction. He was the first in his family to attain a college education, graduating from Dean College before attaining a degree in economics from Babson College and later an MBA from the same institution.
Green joined Accenture, then part of Andersen Consulting, in 1977 right out of college. He has held the chief operating officer position as well as being the chief executive of the resource operating group. He was a key part of the split from Andersen Worldwide Société Coopérative that led to the incorporation of Accenture.
He became the CEO on September 1, 2004. In 2009, Green drew a base salary of $1,237,500, with a total compensation of $18,277,099 including stock awards and incentives. Green retired from his position as CEO, effective January 1, 2011, and was replaced by Pierre Nanterme. Green retained his position as executive chairman of Accenture. On October 22, 2012, Accenture announced that Green will step down as chairman in February 2013. CEO Pierre Nanterme will succeed Green as chairman.
- "Accenture's New High-Wire Act". Businessweek. November 15, 2004. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Online Extra: A Long, Strange Trip For Accenture's CEO". Businessweek. November 15, 2004. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- . "William (Bill) Green - Executive Chairman at Accenture". Accenture.com. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- Worthen, Ben (December 8, 2009). "Charting Accenture's Course: CEO of Consulting Firm Stands Strong as Partners Strike Deals". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "William D. Green Profile". Forbes. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "William (Bill) D. Green on Accenture.com".
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|