William D. Mounce
William D. Mounce is a scholar of New Testament Greek.
William Mounce is the son of Robert H. Mounce (also a Greek scholar, also on the ESV committee). He lives as a writer in Washougal, Washington. He is the President of BiblicalTraining, a non-profit organization offering educational resources for discipleship in the local church. He also runs Teknia, a site committed to helping people learn biblical Greek. At his personal site, he writes three blogs.
- Monday with Mounce discusses issues of Greek translation
- Life as a Journey covers spiritual issues specifically connected to new Christians
- Bill and Bob's Blog is for various topics, written by Bill and his dad
He was a preaching pastor at a church in Spokane, WA, and prior to that a professor of New Testament and director of the Greek Program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He also taught at Azusa Pacific University for ten years. Bill authored the bestselling Greek textbook, Basics of Biblical Greek, which won a 2003 Reader's Preference Editor's Choice Award in the Sacred Texts category.. He was the New Testament chair of the English Standard Version translation of the Bible, and is serving on the NIV translation committee. Bill and Robin have been married since 1983 and have three children.
- Ph.D. 1981, in New Testament. Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, Scotland.
- M.A. 1977, in Biblical Studies. Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California.
- B.A. 1975, in Biblical Studies, minor in Greek. Bethel College, St. Paul, Minnesota; Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky, 1971-74.
- The Analytical Lexicon to the Greek New Testament (April 1993)
- The Morphology of Biblical Greek (December 1994)
- God's Word Complete Concordance (God's Word Series), with John J. Hughes (February 1996)
- A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek (May 1996)
- Word Biblical Commentary Vol. 46, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus (May 2000)
- The NIV English-Greek New Testament (December 2000)
- The Crossway Comprehensive Concordance of the Holy Bible: English Standard Version (2002)
- Greek for the Rest of Us (May 2003)
- Basics of Biblical Greek: Grammar and Workbook, 2nd ed (August 2003)
- Interlinear for the Rest of Us: The Reverse Interlinear for New Testament Word Studies (April 2006)
- Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (September 2006)
- Greek and English Interlinear (NASB/NIV) (March, 2008)
- Greek and English Interlinear (KJV/NIV) (March, 2008)
- Basics of Biblical Greek: Grammar and Workbook, 3rd ed (November 2009)
- Biblical Greek: A Compact Guide (February 2011)