William Dunham (mathematician)
William Dunham is an American writer who was originally trained in topology but became interested in the history of mathematics and specializes in Leonhard Euler. He has received several awards for writing and teaching on this subject.
Dunham won the American Association of Publishers’ award for writing the Best Mathematics Book of 1994 for his book The Mathematical Universe. In his book Euler: The Master of Us All, he examines Leonhard Euler's impressive mathematical work.
In 2007, Dunham gave a lecture about Euler's product-sum formula and its relationship to analytic number theory, as well as discussed Euler's evaluation of a non-trivial integral at the celebration of "Year of Euler" by the Euler Society. He published a chapter "Euler and the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra" in the book The Genius of Euler published in 2007 to commemorate the 300th birthday of Euler.
- Dunham, William (1990). Journey Through Genius: The Great Theorems of Mathematics (1st ed.). John Wiley and Sons. ISBN 0-471-50030-5.
- Dunham, William (1994). The Mathematical Universe (1st ed.). John Wiley and Sons. ISBN 0-471-53656-3
- Dunham, William (1999). Euler: The Master of Us All (1st ed.). Mathematical Association of America. ISBN 0-88385-328-0
- Dunham, William (2007). "Euler and the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra" in The Genius of Euler: Reflections on his Life and Work. Mathematical Association of America. ISBN 0-88385-558-5
- Dunham, William (2008). The Calculus Gallery (1st ed.). Princeton University Press. ISBN 0-691-13626-2
- Dunham, William (2010). Great Thinkers, Great Theorems (Video Lecture Series). The Teaching Company. ISBN 159803690-4.
- "William Dunham". www.passhema.org. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- Dunham, Willam. Euler: The Master of Us All - Google Book Search. books.google.com. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- "MathFest Highlight: William Dunham Presents Euler in Three Acts". www.maa.org. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- Dunham, William. The genius of Euler: reflections on ... - Google Book Search. books.google.com. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|