The Rt Rev William Edward Flewett,DD (1861–1938)  was the 8th Bishop of Cork, Cloyne and Ross.
Educated at Trinity College, Dublin, he was ordained in 1885. His first post was a curacy at Lislee. He then held incumbencies at Corkbeg, Midleton, and Mallow before becoming Precentor of Cork Cathedral. From 1926 to 1933 he was Archdeacon of Cork then its Diocesan Bishop, dying in post on 5 August 1938. He is buried in the churchyard at Holy Trinity, Frankfield.
His grandson was Bishop of Limerick and Killaloe from 1985 to 2000.
- ^ thePeerage.com
- ^ The Bishop Of Cork The Times Monday, Aug 08, 1938; pg. 12; Issue 48067; col D
- ^ “A New History of Ireland ”Moody,T.M; Martin,F.X; Byrne,F.J;Cosgrove,F: Oxford, Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-821745-5
- ^ “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- ^ "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- ^ Ecclesiastical News Consecration Of Irish Bishop The Times Friday, Dec 01, 1933; pg. 17; Issue 46616; col D
- ^ “Handbook of British Chronology” By Fryde, E. B;. Greenway, D.E;Porter, S; Roy, I: Cambridge, CUP, 1996 ISBN 0-521-56350-X, 9780521563505
- ^ a b IRL