William Edward Shuckard
William Edward Shuckard (1803, Brighton - 10 November 1868, Kennington) was an English bookseller and entomologist. He was also librarian of the Royal Society and translated Manual of Entomology Hermann Burmeister (1807-1892). He was a specialist in Hymenoptera but worked on Coleoptera in his early years).
- A Description of the Superior Wings of the Hymenoptera. Trans. Ent. Soc., London, Vol. I., p. 208, 1836.
- Elements of British Entomology. London, 1839.
- with Spry, W. The British Coleoptera Delineated 1840.
- Monograph of the Dorylidae, a family of these Hymenoptera Heterogyna. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. (1)5: 258-271 (1840).
- British Bees. An Introduction to the Study of the Natural History and Economy of the Bees Indigenous to the British Isles (1866)
He was a Fellow of the Entomological Society of London
- Anthony Musgrave (1932). Bibliography of Australian Entomology, 1775-1930, with biographical notes on authors and collectors, Royal Zoological Society of News South Wales (Sydney) : viii + 380.
Translated from French Wikipedia