William Fuller (poet)
William Fuller (born 1953) is a U.S. poet born in Barrington, Illinois. He received his bachelor’s degree magna cum laude in English from Lawrence University in 1975. In 1983, Fuller received a Ph.D. in English from the University of Virginia, writing his dissertation on Sir Thomas Browne.
He published his first full-length book, byt, with the Oakland, CA-based publisher O Books in 1989. Some of Fuller's other books include The Sugar Borders (1993), Aether (1998), Sadly (2003), Watchword (2006), Three Replies (2008), and Hallucination (2011).
Some of Fuller's chapbook publications include The Coal Jealousies (1987), The Central Reader (1998), Three Poems (2000), Roll (2000), Avoid Activity (2003), Dry Land (2007), and Three Replies (2008). A biographical note published in Sadly calls attention to Fuller's twenty years of employment at The Northern Trust Corporation of Chicago, where he is senior vice president and chief fiduciary officer.
- Sadly (Chicago: Flood Editions, 2003) ISBN 978-0-9710059-7-6
- Watchword (Chicago, IL: Flood Editions, 2006) ISBN 978-0-9746902-9-2
- Dry Land (Cambridge, UK: Equipage, 2007)
- Three Replies (London, UK: Barque, 2008) ISBN 1-903488-62-2 OCLC 432328238
- Hallucination (Chicago, IL: Flood Editions, 2011) ISBN 978-0-9819520-7-9
- "Lawrence University Alumnus, Poet William Fuller Gives Reading". Lawrence University News Blog. February 16, 2005. Retrieved December 26, 2010.
- this biographical detail comes from the introductory remarks to the audio lecture of Fuller's lecture "A Restatement of Trysts" (see external links for link)
- Barque Press: Three Reptiles publication page
- "Contributor's Note" from Dear Navigator
- Palmer, Ann Therese (November 25, 2004). "Execs say writing poetry helps improve their form". Chicago Tribune. ChicagoTribune.com. Retrieved December 26, 2010.
- University of Chicago: Poem Present audio and video recordings of Fuller's reading at the University of Chicago October 30–31, 2003. Includes his lecture "A Restatement of Trysts"
- A review of "Watchword" by poet William Allegrezza
- William Fuller / Four Poems Four poems by Fuller published December 2010 in the on-line magazine Dear Navigator: "Blood Red Roses", "For Dally Kimoko", "Remembering What I (Should) Know", and "Zombieland"
- Culture Industry - William Fuller: Watchword a "micro"-review that is a quick and illuminating glimpse into Fuller's poetics, by poet and Louis Zukofsky scholar / biographer Mark Scroggins
- The Grounds Of Trust in William Fuller's "Watchword"
|This biographical article about an American poet born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|