William Hamilton (William Frank "Bill" Hamilton; born 1884, date of death unknown) was an American athlete. He competed at the 1908 Summer Olympics in London.
Hamilton was a member of the medley relay team that won the gold medal. He was the first of the four runners, beginning with a 200 metres run. He was followed by Nate Cartmell, John Taylor, and Mel Sheppard.
In the first round, Hamilton gave the team a small head start as they ran to victory with a combined time of 3:27.2. The lead that Hamilton had at the end of his leg of the final was bigger, a full six yards over the nearest competitor. Hamilton's split for the final was 22.0 seconds, as the team finished in 3:29.4 for first place and the gold medal.
Hamilton also competed in the 100 metres event and the 200 metres competition. He won his first round heat of the 100 with a time of 11.2 seconds, but did not start the second round. In the 200, he won in the first round with a time of 22.4 seconds and placed second in the semifinals to be eliminated from competition.
- 1908: United States (Hamilton, Cartmell, Taylor, Sheppard)
- 1912: United States (Sheppard, Lindberg, Meredith, Reidpath)
- 1920: Great Britain (Griffiths, Lindsay, Ainsworth-Davis, Butler)
- 1924: United States (Cochran, Helffrich, MacDonald, Stevenson)
- 1928: United States (Baird, Spencer, Alderman, Barbuti)
- 1932: United States (Fuqua, Ablowich, Warner, Carr)
- 1936: Great Britain (Wolff, Rampling, Roberts, Brown)
- 1948: United States (Harnden, Bourland, Cochran, Whitfield)
- 1952: Jamaica (Wint, Laing, McKenley, Rhoden)
- 1956: United States (Jenkins, Jones, Mashburn, Courtney)
- 1960: United States (Yerman, Young, G. Davis, O. Davis)
- 1964: United States (Cassell, Larrabee, Williams, Carr)
- 1968: United States (Matthews, Freeman, James, Evans)
- 1972: Kenya (Asati, Nyamau, Ouko, Sang)
- 1976: United States (Frazier, Brown, Newhouse, Parks)
- 1980: Soviet Union (Valiulis, Linge, Chernetskiy, Markin)
- 1984: United States (Nix, Armstead, Babers, McKay)
- 1988: United States (Everett, Lewis, Robinzine, Reynolds, McKay, Valmon)
- 1992: United States (Valmon, Watts, Johnson, Lewis, Hall, Jenkins)
- 1996: United States (Smith, Harrison, Mills, Maybank, Rouser)
- 2000: Nigeria (Chukwu, Monye, Bada, Udo-Obong, Awazie, Gadzama)
- 2004: United States (Harris, Brew, Wariner, Williamson, Rock, Willie)
- 2008: United States (Merritt, Taylor, Neville, Wariner, Clement, Witherspoon)
- 2012: Bahamas (Brown, Pinder, Mathieu, Miller)