William Howard Taft University
|William Howard Taft University|
|President||Jerome F. Alley|
William Howard Taft University is a private university headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 1976 as a source of continuing education for certified public accountants (CPAs), the school expanded into a specialized distance education university that now offers multiple academic programs of study. William Howard Taft University and Taft Law School together form the Taft University System.
 Education and business administration degree programs
William Howard Taft University's Doctor of Education program was suspended in 2003 in order for the university to obtain Distance Education and Training Council accreditation. DETC did not accredit doctoral programs at the time. In 2009 when DETC’s scope of authority was expanded to include professional doctorates the program was resumed.
On June 7, 2003, William Howard Taft University was awarded accreditation by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). On June 7, 2008 the Commission voted to extend its accreditation until 2013.
 See also
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2011)|
- "Report from the DETC Accrediting Commission". Distance Education and Training Council. June 27, 2003.
- "Applications Are Now Available for Taft University's Doctor of Education Program". RedOrbit. September 24, 2008.
- "DETC News". Distance Education and Training Council. Spring 2006.
- "News 2010 - New Undergraduate Business Programs". William Howard Taft University. February 2010.
- "William Howard Taft University Announces New Online Doctor of Business Administration Program". Forbes. March 11, 2010.
- William Howard Taft University, DETC website, accessed December 24, 2009