William I. Skinner
William I. Skinner (October 24, 1812 - February 13, 1891) was an American politician from New York.
In 1853, he was appointed Superintendent of Canal Repairs for Section 4 of the Erie Canal.
He was a delegate to the 1864 Democratic National Convention.
- Canal Appointments in NYT on February 21, 1853 [gives middle initial "J."]
- Election results in A Political Text-book for 1860 compiled by Horace Greeley & John Fitch Cleveland (Tribune Association, 1860)
- The New York Civil List compiled by Franklin Benjamin Hough, Stephen C. Hutchins and Edgar Albert Werner (1867; page 406)
- The New York Civil List compiled by Franklin Benjamin Hough (page 400; Weed, Parsons and Co., 1858)
-  Political Graveyard
-  Early settlers of Herkimer County