||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2011)|
William (Billy) Leroy was born in Amiens, France and grew up in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He is the owner of forever closed, Billy's Antiques and Props on the Lower East Side of New York City.
Billy Leroy currently appears in the Reality Show Baggage Battles on Travel Channel" He has also appeared twice on American Pickers wearing an eye patch as he sold unique items to the pickers. His wife also made them tea on cold days. ". Leroy also stars in the movie Dirty Old Town. He is married to Lorraine Leckie, who also appears in the movie. Leroy's store, Billy's Antiques, was known for being the "last holdout of the old Bowery."  Leroy is also known for his unique economic policy - accepting only Euros during the plummeting value of the American dollar in 2008.
- "City Ghosts: Gentrification, Dirty Old Town, Michael Jackson - BlackBook". Blackbookmag.com. 2010-06-25. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Tabor, Damon (2007-06-10). "Between Skid Row and Starbucks". The New York Times.
- Post Store (2008-02-25). "New York Merchants Embrace Euro". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- ALAN CLENDENNING, AP Business Writer (2008-03-13). "Dollar's Clout Sinks Worldwide - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News". FOXNews.com. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "Yes, We Take Euros: Riding a Currency Shift". NPR. Retrieved 2011-01-11.