William David "Bill" Perez (born September 10, 1947, in Akron, Ohio) was the chief executive officer of Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. He had earlier served in a similar capacity at Nike, Inc. Prior to that, Perez had risen to become the chief executive officer at S. C. Johnson & Son.
Greenhill & Co.
Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company
On October 3, 2006, William D. Perez succeeded William Wrigley, Jr. II as CEO of Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, the world's largest chewing-gum manufacturer. He was the first person outside the Wrigley family to head the century-old company. He also joined Wrigley's board of directors.
On December 28, 2004, William D. Perez succeeded Phil Knight as CEO of Nike, Inc and served from December 2004 until his announcement on January 23, 2006 that he was resigning from Nike due to disagreements with Nike founder and chairman Philip Knight over how to run the company. Perez received $8 million in severance pay.
S. C. Johnson & Son
William D. Perez worked at S. C. Johnson from 1970 to 2004. He spent eight years as president and CEO of S. C. Johnson & Son.
Board of Directors Positions Held
- Campbell Soup Company (2009 to present)
- Whirlpool Corporation (2009 to present)
- Johnson & Johnson (2007 to present)
- Kellogg Company (2000 to 2006)
- Nike, Inc. (2004 to 2006)
- The May Department Stores Company (1998-2004)
- Hallmark Cards
Perez went to high school at Western Reserve Academy, a private coeducational boarding school in Hudson, Ohio, before attending Cornell University, where he was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. In addition, Perez has a graduate degree from the Thunderbird School of Global Management.
- S.C. Johnson CEO Perez steps down to lead Nike The Business Journal.
- Nike: Can Perez Fill Knight's Shoes? Businessweek.
- Inside the Coup at Nike Businessweek.
- Why Wrigley and Perez Need Each Other Businessweek.
- Curiously Strong Teamwork Businessweek.
- For Wrigley, CEO Perez Is a Life Saver CNBC Mad Money.
- Kings of the Mountain Hispanicbusiness.com
- Mars shows door to Wrigley CEO Chicago Tribune.
- The Curious Case of Bill Perez Spencer Stuart Case Study.
- "GREENHILL : William D. Perez To Join Greenhill As A Senior Advisor" (PDF). 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- Carpenter, Dave (2006-10-23). "Wrigley Hires Perez to Serve As Its CEO". Associated Press. Retrieved 2007-06-13.
- Holmes, Stanley (2004-11-19). "Nike: Can Perez Fill Knight's Shoes?". BusinessWeek (McGraw-Hill). Retrieved 2007-06-13.
- Holmes, Stanley (2006-01-24). "Nike's CEO Gets the Boot". BusinessWeek (McGraw-Hill). Retrieved 2007-06-13.
- Forbes http://people.forbes.com/profile/william-d-perez/46498. Missing or empty