William T. Piper Memorial Airport
|William T. Piper Memorial Airport|
|IATA: LHV – ICAO: KLHV – FAA LID: LHV|
|Owner||City of Lock Haven|
|Serves||Lock Haven, Pennsylvania|
|Elevation AMSL||556 ft / 169 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
William T. Piper Memorial Airport (IATA: LHV, ICAO: KLHV, FAA LID: LHV) is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) east of the central business district of Lock Haven, a city in Clinton County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Named for William T. Piper, the airport is located at the foot of the Bald Eagle Mountain ridge, between the West Branch Susquehanna River and its tributary, Bald Eagle Creek. It covers 112 acres (45 ha), has two runways and is operated by the City of Lock Haven.
Facilities and aircraft
William T. Piper Memorial Airport covers an area of 112 acres (45 ha) at an elevation of 556 feet (169 m) above mean sea level. It has two parallel runways: 9L/27R is 3,799 by 75 feet (1,158 x 23 m) with an asphalt surface; 9R/27L is 2,179 by 100 feet (664 x 30 m) with a turf surface.
For the 12-month period ending October 13, 2011, the airport had 30,400 aircraft operations, an average of 83 per day: 99% general aviation, <1% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 60 aircraft based at this airport: 85% single-engine, 8% multi-engine, 2% jet, 3% glider, and 2% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for LHV ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- William T. Piper Memorial Airport, City of Lock Haven website
- William T. Piper Memorial Airport, fixed base operator website
- William T. Piper Memorial Airport at Pennsylvania DOT Bureau of Aviation
- AvSport of Lock Haven, flight school at airport
- Aerial image as of April 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LHV, effective December 12, 2013
- Resources for this airport: