William Wilson (Medal of Honor)
|Died||December 22, 1895 (aged 47–48)|
|Place of burial||San Francisco National Cemetery|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Unit||4th U.S. Cavalry|
|Battles/wars||Battle of the North Fork of the Red River|
|Awards||Medal of Honor (2)|
Medal of Honor citation
At Colorado Valley, Texas, March 28, 1872. Date of issue: April 27, 1872. In pursuit of a band of cattle thieves from New Mexico.
Distinguished conduct in action with Indians. Awarded: At Red River, Texas, September 29, 1872.
He is buried at San Francisco National Cemetery.
- List of Medal of Honor recipients
- List of Medal of Honor recipients for the Indian Wars
- William Othello Wilson, a Buffalo soldier with the same first and last names, who also received the Medal of Honor.
- This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Army Center of Military History.
- This article contains information taken from a United States Army website. Since this work is a product of the United States Government it falls within the public domain.
- "Indian War MOH recipients". Medal of Honor citations. United States Army Center of Military History. August 3, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2010.
|This biographical article related to the United States Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|