In addition to his work in contemporary classical music -- notably performing Lou Harrison's compositions—Winant has worked in a variety of genres, including noise rock, free improvisation and jazz. Notable collaborators include Glenn Spearman, Thurston Moore, Sonic Youth, Mr. Bungle (with whom he toured in support of their albums Disco Volante and California), Secret Chiefs 3, Mondo Cane and Oingo Boingo. He has also frequently collaborated with John Zorn.
- 1995 - Musical Outsiders: An American Legacy - Harry Partch, Lou Harrison, and Terry Riley. Directed by Michael Blackwood.
- Vernal Equinox (1978)
- Double Concerto (1983)
- Face To Face (1992)
- Batman Returns (1992)
- Music For 17 (1993)
- Lava (1995)
- John Cage at Summerstage (1995)
- ...Like Water (1997)
- Theme Park (1998)
With Mr. Bungle
With Mike Patton
- Pranzo Oltranzista (Tzadik, 1997)
With John Zorn
- Elegy (Eva, 1992)
- Kristallnacht (Eva, 1993)
- Music for Children (Tzadik, 1998)
- Music and Its Double (Tzadik, 2012)
- Tenney's WAKE for Charles Ives performed by members of the William Winant Percussion Group.
|This article on a percussionist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|