|Industry||Printing, print design, and bulk mailing|
|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Dan Ellerton, CEO |
|Revenue||$772.10 million USD (76.20% FY 2005)|
Number of employees
Williams Lea is a global company that offers business process outsourcing (BPO) to large companies. Founded in 1820 as a company providing printing services to the financial industry, Williams Lea went through a number of changes to its business model and now provides services including mail processing, bulk mailing, printing, and page layout.
It was a private company until German postal and logistics company Deutsche Post, parent company of DHL, acquired a majority stake in 2006. As of Q1 2009, the company employed 11,500 people with an annual turnover of around £1 billion.
- In October 2004, it acquired U.S.-based Bowne Business Solutions, a long-term joint venture partner, from Bowne & Co. for $190.8 million.
- In August 2005, it acquired U.S.-based Uniscribe for $36.1 million and Australia-based Creatis for $7.7 million.
- In November 2006, it acquired UK-based The Stationery Office for £130 million.
- In 2007, Deutsche Post rebranded its German service lines document management, transactional print, mailroom services, and direct marketing/fulfillment as Williams Lea Deutschland. These service lines were re-integrated into Deutsche Post in 2010. Currently Williams Lea in Germany offers marketing solutions and presentation services.
- In November 2007, Deutsche Post acquired legal process outsourcing (LPO) company Centric LPO for an undisclosed sum.
- Bloomberg Business Week - IT Services - Company Overview Williams Lea Limited
- "History of Williams Lea". Williams Lea. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "Williams Lea Acquires US-Based Bowne Business Solutions for GBP100m (US$180m)". PR Newswire. October 8, 2004.
- "Company Overview of Uniscribe Professional Services, Inc.". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "DHL owner seeks big stake in Williams Lea". Post & Parcel. February 13, 2006.
- "Williams Lea expands legal offering with LPO business". Post & Parcel. November 14, 2007.