Williamsport High School
|Williamsport High School|
|5 South Clifton Drive
Williamsport, Maryland, 21795
|School district||Washington County Public Schools|
|NCES District ID||2400660|
|NCES School ID||240066001295|
|Color(s)||Royal Blueand White|
|Website||Williamsport High School|
The school's baseball team, and its coach David Warrenfeltz, were the subject of a 2012 Sports Illustrated article. In a story written by Chris Ballard, Warrenfeltz discussed events affecting the team in early 2012 when the team’s star pitcher and his prom date were killed in an automobile accident. Despite the loss, the team rallied to win the Maryland state high school championship. Tragically, Warrenfeltz was also a close friend and teammate of former Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart who was killed in an automobile accident in 2009. Both Warrenfeltz and Adenhart graduated from Williamsport High School.
- Bucky Veil, former pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Nick Adenhart, late Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim starting pitcher
- Gina Marie Groh, United States District Court Judge
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Washington County Public Schools". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 09 January 2011.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Williamsport High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 09 January 2011.
- McMillion, David (May 6, 2012) "Two Williamsport High School Athletes Killed in Wreck on Rench Road - Brendon Edward Colliflower and Samantha Rae Kelly Were Returning From Prom" Herald-Mail Tri-State News
- Ballard, Chris (October 22, 2012) "Mourning Glory" Sports Illustrated, pages 57-68
|This Maryland school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|