||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013)|
|Birth name||William M. Adler|
January 26, 1976 |
|Labels||Prosthetic, Epic, Roadrunner, Black Market Activities|
|Associated acts||Lamb of God|
|ESP Willie Adler Signature series|
Adler joined Lamb of God after the first guitarist, Abe Spear, left the band. Self-taught, Adler is well known for his unconventional style of playing, which includes odd/dissonant chord shapes, unique timing patterns, odd rhythms, high usage of his fretting hand's pinky finger, wide stretches between frets due to an increased reach, and being an obsessive perfectionist with his right hand rhythm playing. He plays mostly the jagged staccato riffs in Lamb of God's songs, while Mark Morton plays more of the groove-oriented rhythms and solos.
Adler is a primary songwriter in Lamb of God. His songs include "Black Label," "11th Hour," "Blood Junkie," "Hourglass," "Blood of the Scribe," "Beating on Death's Door," "Ashes of the Wake," "Ruin" and "Again We Rise." Adler also co writes songs with Mark Morton, as he wrote the pre-solo breakdown to "Walk With me in Hell", and all of "In Your Words" up until the atmospheric ending which Mark Morton penned.
Adler has recently worked with Houston metal band Vehement to produce their six-track promo CD.
Amplifiers and cabinets
- Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Amplifier (main rig)
- Mesa/Boogie Mark V Amplifier (main rig)
- Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Cabinets (main & fly rig)
- Mesa/Boogie 2:50 Power Amp (fly rig)
- Mesa/Boogie Triaxis (fly rig)
- Framus 4x12 Cabinets (main & fly rig)
- Seymour Duncan Pickups: SH-4 JB Model (bridge) and SH-1n '59 Model (neck)
- Samson Wireless System
- Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
- Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
- MXR Stereo Chorus
- Dunlop DC Power Brick
- SIT Strings 10-48 Custom Set
- 1.00 mm Dunlop Tortex picks
- Levy's Guitar Straps
- Big Bends
Guitar Rig & Signal Flow
A detailed gear diagram of Willie Adler's 2005 Lamb of God guitar rig is well-documented.
With Lamb of God
- New American Gospel (2000, Prosthetic Records)
- As the Palaces Burn (2003, Prosthetic Records)
- Ashes of the Wake (2004, Epic Records)
- Killadelphia DVD (2005, Epic Records)
- Sacrament (2006, Epic Records)
- Walk with Me in Hell (2008, Roadrunner Records/Epic Records)
- Wrath (2009, Roadrunner Records/Epic Records)
- Resolution (2012, Epic Records)
- "LAMB OF GOD Guitarist Producing VEHEMENT Demo". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- [dead link]
- Cooper, Adam (2005). "Willie Adler's 2005 Lamb of God Guitar Rig". GuitarGeek.Com.