|Birth name||Wilfredo Buendia Revillame|
January 27, 1961 |
Cabanatuan City, Philippines
|Occupation(s)||Actor, TV host, singer, comedian, producer|
|Years active||1986–2013, 2015-present|
|Labels||Universal Records (2001–2005)
Star Records (2005–2010)
Viva Records (2010–2013)
Wilfredo Buendia Revillame, known as Willie Revillame (born January 27, 1961) is a television host, actor, comedian and a recording artist in the Philippines.
Revillame once was a host of many popular variety shows including GMA Network's noontime variety show Lunch Date, ABS-CBN's noontime shows Magandang Tanghali Bayan and Wowowee, as well as TV5's noontime variety shows Willing Willie/Wil Time Bigtime and Wowowillie. Revillame marks his long-awaited return to Philippine showbiz and television this 2015 via his newest variety-game show, Wowowin, airing on GMA Network every Sunday afternoon starting on May 10, 2015.
Revillame is developing a business, the Wil Tower Mall near ABS-CBN Eugenio Lopez Drive in Quezon City. It was opened on September 15, 2013.
Willie Revillame is also the former owner of restaurants W Bar and Wil Steak Town at Wil Events Place located near Wil Tower Mall and ABS-CBN along Sgt. Esguerra Avenue in South Triangle, Diliman, Quezon City. Wil Tower Mall was developed by the real estate firm Vista Land and Lifescapes and the new owner of the mall-condominium is former Senator Manny Villar.
Revillame is also developing a five-star hotel in Tagaytay City named Wil Sky Hotel, opening in late 2015.
Revillame married Liz Almoro in a civil ceremony at Lipa, Batangas in March 2005 officiated by Mayor Vilma Santos. This was followed shortly by a church wedding in June 2005. Prior to his marriage to Almoro, Revillame was married to actress Princess Punzalan.
||This article lends undue weight to certain ideas, incidents, or controversies. (May 2011)|
On August 24, 2007, the Department of Justice dismissed criminal charges against Revillame in connection with the stampede. However, Justice Secretary Gonzalez affirmed the charge against 14 others, including ABS-CBN officials.
In the August 3, 2009 episode of Wowowee, during which the show was interrupted for live coverage of the transfer of President Cory Aquino's remains from La Salle Greenhills to the Manila Cathedral, Revillame said that he could not make people happy while the entire country was mourning. The Alliance of Filipino Journalists denounced his remarks as a sign of disrespect towards Aquino. Revillame said he had no intention of defaming the former president and her family. ABS-CBN senior executive Cory Vidanes said the network supported Revillame's action, stating that his outburst did not run afoul of the Broadcast Code of the Philippines. Network entertainment official Johnny Manahan said Revillame was correct in saying that the footage should not have been inserted, but the way he said it was wrong.
On March 12, 2011, a "macho dance" by an apparently unhappy six-year-old boy on Revillame's new show, Willing Willie, resulted in criticism, including the Philippine Department of Social Welfare and Development describing it as a case of child abuse. Revillame “sincerely and deeply” apologized for the segment, “which viewers may have found offensive or in bad taste.” The Commission on Human Rights is pursuing an investigation of the program for violating the law.
- Nobody Nobody but Juan (2009; cameo appearance)
- Pera o bayong (Not da TV)! (2000)
- Matalino man ang matsing na-iisahan din! (2000)
- Alyas Boy Tigas: Ang probinsyanong wais (1998)
- Kasangga kahit kailan (1998)
- Bobby Barbers, Parak (1997)
- Go Johnny Go (1997)
- Kung kaya mo, kaya ko rin (1996)
- Sa kamay ng batas (1995)
- Ikaw Pa Eh Love Kita! (1995)
- Omar Abdullah: Pulis Probinsya 2, Tapusin Na Natin Ang Laban (1995)
- Hector (1994)
- The Eddie Fernandez Story (1994)
- Ako (1993)
- Pat.Omar Abdullah: Pulis Probinsiya (1992)
- Contreras Gang (1991)
- Sagad Hanggang Buto (1991)
- Joey Boy Munti, 15 anyos ka sa Muntilupa (1991)
- Sam & Miguel (Your basura, no problema) (1991)
- Barbi for President (1991)
- Joe Pring 2: Kidlat Ng Maynila (1990)
|Willing Willie/Wil Time Bigtime||TV5||2010–2013|
|Belo Beauty 101||TFC||2007-2010|
|Pinoy Big Brother||ABS-CBN||2005|
|Puso o Pera||ABC||2004|
|Masayang Tanghali Bayan||ABS-CBN||2003-2004|
|Magandang Tanghali Bayan||ABS-CBN||1998-2001|
|Richard Loves Lucy||ABS-CBN||1998–2002|
|Gillage People||GMA Network||1997|
|Haybol Rambol||GMA Network||1994–1995|
|Actually 'Yun Na!||RPN||1994|
|Barangay U.S.: Unang Sigaw||RPN||1994|
|Four da Boys||IBC||1993|
|Kate en Boogie||GMA Network||1993–1995|
|GMA Telesine Specials||GMA Network||1992|
|Lovingly Yours, Helen||GMA Network||1991|
|Young Love, Sweet Love||RPN||1991|
|Pabuenas sa Siyete||GMA Network||1989|
|Ayos Lang Tsong!||IBC||1988|
|Lunch Date||GMA Network||1986-1993|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2013)|
- "Parental Guidance" (2000)
- "Pito Pito" (2004)
- "Ikaw Ang #1" (2005)
- "Para Sa Akin ay Ikaw" (2005)
- "Wowowillie" (2005)
- "Namamasko Po!" (2006)
- "Willie Sings Camo And Saturno" (2007)
- "Giling Giling" (2008)
- "Ikaw Na Nga" (2009)
- "I Love You" (2010)
- "Willing Willie" (2011)
- "Kendeng Kendeng" (2011)
- "Syempre" (2012)
- Best Male TV Host (Willie Revillame) (2005 & 2007) - Won
- Consumers Award Outstanding Variety Show (2008) - Won
- Consumers Award Outstanding Male TV Host (2008) - Won
- Novelty Singer of the Year (2010) - Won
- 2011 - PMPC Star Awards for TV - Best Variety Show (as Willing Willie)
- Wil Tower Mall
- ABS-CBN.com - Willie Revillame Opens Up About the Women in His Life
- GMA News - PEP: Princess Punzalan Is Happy for Ex-Husband Willie Revillame's Success
- GMA NEWS.TV, DOJ drops raps vs Revillame over Ultra tragedy
- Criticisms mount against Wowowee host Willie Revillame | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz. PEP.ph. Retrieved on 2011-01-17.
- http://www.pep.ph/news/22858/ABS-CBN backs-Willie-Revillame;-says-%3Cem%3EWowowee%3C-em%3E-host did-not-violate-Broadcast-Code-of-the-Philippines
- "ABS-CBN big winner at GMMSF Entertainment Awards". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014-05-21.