From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Willis Islands (South Georgia))
Not to be confused with Willis Island (Coral Sea).
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
|Location||South Atlantic Ocean|
They were discovered on 14 January by Captain James Cook and named for Cook's midshipman Thomas Willis, the crew member who first sighted them.
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic and sub-Antarctic islands
- List of Antarctic islands north of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- Stonehouse, B (ed.) Encyclopedia of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans (2002, ISBN 0-471-98665-8)
|This South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|