|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2014)|
Willis graduated from Northwestern University in 2002, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and a Bachelor of Music degree in Vocal Studies. While at Northwestern, Willis directed, arranged, and performed with the university's premier a cappella group, Melodious Thunk (now "Thunk"). During that time, Willis collected Best Soloist awards at the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA) Midwest Quarterfinals and Semifinals as Thunk was edged out of a spot at nationals by renown recording group - then college a cappella group, University of Indiana at Bloomington's Straight No Chaser. Willis was also a Contemporary A Cappella Recording Award (CARA) Nominee for Best Mixed Collegiate Arrangement of "Say My Name".
In 2003, Willis joined the Broadway company of Hairspray during its Tony Award winning year, and later performed as an original company member in the First National Tour company, appearing in several performances as Seaweed J. Stubbs. On Broadway, Willis has also appeared in the musicals The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and In the Heights. He has also performed Off-Broadway in the musical Zanna Don't!. Willis appeared in Julie Taymor’s film Across the Universe and lent his vocal talents to the platinum-selling soundtrack of the film Hairspray. Also pursuing his legal aspirations, Willis received his Juris Doctorate from UCLA School of Law in 2012.
On December 1, 2013, Willis performed the national anthem before a sold out hometown crowd at Arrowhead Stadium of 77,065 awaiting the NFL AFC West Division matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos.
Willis debuted his digitally release single, "Sharin the Love" on September 25, 2013.
- "Willis White's Theatre Credits". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Melodious Thunk Finds Success on Spring Tour in London". The Daily Northwestern. March 28, 2001. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "1998 ICCA". Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "2001 Contemporary A Cappella Recording Award Nominees". CASA.org. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Hairspray First National Tour 2003-2006". About the Artists. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Hairspray - Soundtrack To The Motion Picture". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Willis White - Homegrown Triple Threat". The Examiner. November 5, 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - Box Score - December 01, 2013". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Game Day Activities: Chiefs vs. Broncos - Kansas City Chiefs". KCChiefs.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (February 2014)|