Willoughby Lost Nation Municipal Airport
|Willoughby Lost Nation Municipal Airport|
|IATA: LNN – ICAO: KLNN – FAA LID: LNN|
|Owner/Operator||City of Willoughby|
|Elevation AMSL||626 ft / 191 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Willoughby Lost Nation Municipal Airport (IATA: LNN, ICAO: KLNN, FAA LID: LNN) is a public use airport in Lake County, Ohio, United States. It is owned and operated by the City of Willoughby and located approximately 3 miles (5 km) north-northeast of its central business district.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport for Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Willoughby Lost Nation Municipal Airport covers an area of 400 acres (162 ha) at an elevation of 626 feet (191 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 5/23 is 5,028 by 100 feet (1,533 x 30 m) and 10/28 is 4,272 by 100 feet (1,302 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 28, 2011, the airport had 45,085 aircraft operations, an average of 123 per day: 97% general aviation, 3% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 73 aircraft based at this airport: 80% single-engine, 19% multi-engine, and 1% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for LNN ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (LNN: Willoughby / Lost Nation)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Willoughby Lost Nation Municipal Airport (KLNN)". City of Willoughby. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Distance and heading from Willoughby (41°38'45"N 81°24'35"W) to LNN (41°41'03"N 81°23'23"W)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Airport page at City of Willoughby website
- Aerial photo as of September 2000 from USGS The National Map via MSR Maps
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LNN, effective August 21, 2014
- Resources for this airport: