Willow Branch Township, Piatt County, Illinois
|Willow Branch Township|
Location in Piatt County
|• Total||67.39 sq mi (174.5 km2)|
|• Land||67.33 sq mi (174.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||12.5/sq mi (4.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429938|
Willow Branch Township changed its name from Liberty Township sometime around 1860.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 67.39 square miles (174.5 km2), of which 67.33 square miles (174.4 km2) (or 99.91%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.09%) is water. The streams of Wildcat Creek and Willow Branch run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Goose Creek Township (north)
- Monticello Township (east)
- Bement Township (southeast)
- Cerro Gordo Township (south)
- Oakley Township, Macon County (southwest)
- Friends Creek Township, Macon County (west)
- Whitmore Township, Macon County (west)
- Nixon Township, DeWitt County (northwest)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Ater, Cronninger, Pioneer, Stringtown, Van Meter, Warfield Family, West France and Willow Branch.
Airports and landing strips
- Norfleet Farms Airport
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- The Ira Sarlls site Illinois Archaeology Fever River Research, Springfield, IL http://www.illinoisarchaeology.com/Ira%20Sarlls%20Site.pdf