Willow Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Peter Demong|
|• Total||3.3 km2 (1.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,050 m (3,440 ft)|
|• Average Income||$63,588|
|Website||Willow Park Community Association|
Willow Park is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the west by Macleod Trail, to the south by Anderson Road, to the north by Southland Drive and to the east by the community of Maple Ridge. The Willow Park golf course bisects the neighbourhood from west to east, while Fairmont Drive crosses from south to north. Southcentre Mall and Willow Park shopping village are located in the south-east corner of the neighbourhood.
It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 14 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $63,588 in 2000, and there were 10.8% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 15.4% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 9.5% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 18.2% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Fred Seymour Elementary, Willow Park Middle School, Maple Ridge Elementary and R.T. Alderman Junior High public schools, as well as by St. William Elementary School (catholic).
Unfortunately, Fred Seymour Elementary School was closed in November 2006, but was later reopened as a French Immersion School.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Willow Park Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 12 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-09.
|Canyon Meadows||Lake Bonavista||Bonavista Downs|