India Fashion Week
NEW DELHI, India, Feb. 15 -- ITC Limited issued the following press release: The Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), the proprietor of India Fashion Week and PDM (Percept D'Mark), partners in implementing and marketing the event, today announced ITC's premium fashion brand Wills Lifestyle as the Official Title Sponsor Partner for the India Fashion Week. Also, Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) is, after all, all about the Business of Fashion. It is a fashion week and held in the national capital of India, New Delhi annually. Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring Summer 2013 will be held from October 6 to October 10, 2012, at Hall No.18, Pragati Maidan, ITPO, New Delhi. .
Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Autumn Winter 2010 had collections from 130 designers on the runway and the exhibition areas.
Since it is a national body for fashion industry, FDCI has built credibility over years by associating with the Indian government and various ministries. Recently FDCI was commissioned by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations to organize a SAARC fashion show.
WIFW is an all-encompassing fashion event, which will cater to the entire fashion fraternity. More than 80 designers are participating include India's most eminent names in the world of fashion, accessory and textiles as well as young and upcoming designers. Participating designers will showcase their Pret (ready-to-wear) and Diffusion (between ready-to-wear and couture) lines in Indian, Indo-Western and Western categories on the ramp and in the trade centre.
The Indian Fashion Industry has become a growing industry with international events such as the Indian Fashion Week and annual shows by fashion designers being held across major cites of the country. On this event, many famous Indian and International designers introduce their latest collection every year. Buyers from all over the country, and world gather at this event, to reserve their outfits. Also, it's a great platform via which new, and fresh coming designers showcase their talent. It's a great career ladder to success. Some of the few famous designers are listed in the table below:
|Manish Malhotra||Catwalk Designer||Indian Attire|
|Gauri & Nainika||Exhibition Designer||Bespoke gowns|
|Rohit Bahl||Exhibition Designer||Best Menswear|
|Pia Pauro||Catwalk Designer||Exotic prints|
|Janavi||Accessory Designer||Soft pastels|
|Joy Mitra||Catwalk Designer||Banarasi brocades|
|Nikasha||Catwalk Designer||Contemporary outlook|
|Jenjum Gadi||Exhibition Designer||Versatility of Gota.|
|Amit Aggarwal||Exhibition Designer||Unique global vibe.|
|Alpana & Neeraj||Catwalk Designer||Textures and Shapes|
Controversies are part of fashion world. They can vary from situation to situation. For instance, from a model wardrobe malfunction to a flop business deal. Listed below are few current, and all the times controversies noticed in India Fashion Week:
- Alia Bhatt's wardrobe malfunction
- The actress, who walked the ramp for jewellery brand, looked not-so-flattering in her golden gown.However,she committed a huge fashion blunder by allegedly going panty less.
- Wardrobe malfunction steals attention at WIFW as of March 2008[update]
- It created havoc.As, during a showcase of designer Rajesh Pratap Singh's collection at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here Friday evening. The incident, involving a foreign model, took away all the attention from the collection of the
- Fashion diary – clothes, controversies and a finale that wasn’tas of March 2010[update]
- Apart from catwalk controversies, a lot of finance is required to run a show.However, with this in mind, in 2010, all shows on the first day were suddenly cancelled due to the absence of mandatory fire safety permits even as models were dressing up backstage and guests were lining up outside the hall.
- "Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week - Sponsor Page".
- "Ramp fun begins: Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2013 opens today". Hindustan Times. March 12, 2013.
- "Fashion week in India". BBC News. 18 August 2000. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- "WILLS LIFESTYLE TO BE OFFICIAL TITLE SPONSOR FOR INDIA FASHION WEEK". The Hindustan Times. Feb,15 2006.
- "WILLS LIFESTYLE TO BE OFFICIAL TITLE SPONSOR FOR INDIA FASHION WEEK". Hindustan Times. Retrieved Feb,15 2006.
- "Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week - Spring Summer 2013".
- "Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week, Spring - Summer 2010 - Designers".
- "DOPE SHEET - WILLS INDIA FASHION WEEK (SPRING SUMMER - 16TH EDITION)".
- "WILLS LIFESTYLE TO BE OFFICIAL TITLE SPONSOR FOR INDIA FASHION WEEK". The Hindustan Times. Feb 15, 2006.
- "Cover Story: Global Design for Indian Fashion". MARKATHON 3 (10). 2012.
- "Alia Bhatt's wardrobe malfunction". The Times of India. Retrieved Aug 1, 2013.
- "Wardrobe malfunction steals attention at WIFW". Hindustan Times. March 15, 2008.
- Lalmalsawma, David. "India Masala Bollywood and culture in an emerging India » See all analysis and opinion Fashion diary – clothes, controversies and a finale that wasn’t". REUTERS. Retrieved March 29, 2010.