Wilo SE, headquartered in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, is a manufacturer of pumps and pumping systems for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, water supply, sewage disposal and wastewater treatment. Founded in 1872 as copper and brass factory by Louis Opländer, the company now has subsidiaries in about 70 countries and employs about 6.000 people worldwide (yearly average).
Wilo SE is the managerial holding of the Wilo group, a result of a merger between Wilo-Salmson AG and Wilo GmbH in 2002. In 2009, a turnover of 926 million EUR was achieved.
- 1872 Foundation of the company "Messingwarenfabrik Louis Opländer Maschinenbau"
- 1965 Wilo international: Foundation of own subsidiaries
- 1984 Acquisition of the French pump manufacturer Pompes Salmson
- 2000 Foundation of Wilo-LG Pumps Ltd., Korea
- 2001 In-house electronic production, Dortmund
- 2003 Acquisition of the EMU group, Hof/Bavaria
- 2005 Acquisition of Mather & Platt Pumps Ltd. and Mather & Platt Fire Systems Ltd., Pune, India
- 2006 Acquisition of Circulating Pumps Ltd., King's Lynn, Norfolk / England
- 2008 Change from WILO AG to WILO SE (Societas Europaea)
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|