|Stable release||3.0.1 / October 3, 2014|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
In April 2014, during the Microsoft Build developer conference, WinJS was released under the Apache License as free and open source software with the intent to port it to other than Microsoft platforms. A site dedicated to demonstrate the library has also been published.
- UI controls with fundamental support for touch, mouse and keyboard.
The first version of WinJS. It was released with Windows 8.0.
WinJS was released as open-source software under the Apache License on GitHub by popular demand. The project aimed at cross-platform and browser compatibility. The following distributions are derived from WinJS 2.0:
- WinJS 2.0 for Windows 8.1
- WinJS Xbox 1.0 for Windows
- WinJS Phone 2.1 for Windows Phone 8.1
WinJS 3.0 was released in September, 2014 with special focus on:
- Cross-browser/cross-platform support spanning the most popular desktop and mobile browsers, as well as HTML-based app environments like Apache Cordova
- Improved universal control designs
A Preview of WinJS 4.0 was announced on March 27, 2015.
- "Extending platform commonality through universal Windows apps". Building Apps for Windows. Microsoft. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "WinJS Everywhere". Building Apps for Windows. Microsoft. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "A Preview of WinJS 4.0". Microsoft. Retrieved 31 March 2015.