From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|Developer(s)||WinMerge Development Team|
|Initial release||Nov 20, 2000|
|Stable release||2.14.0 (February 2, 2013[±])|
|Preview release||2.13.22 (svn) (January 13, 2013[±])|
|Written in||Visual C++|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
The project is currently in background development of version 3.x, with no known date for release.
WinMerge runs on Microsoft Windows.
- Visual differencing and merging of text files.
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap.
- Handles DOS, Unix and Mac text file formats.
- Unicode support (as of version 2.8.0, UTF-8 files are correctly read without a BOM).
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes.
- Location pane shows map of files compared.
- Highlights differences inside lines in file compare.
- Can also generate HTML report with differences highlighted.
- Regular expression based file filters in directory compare allow excluding and including items.
- Moved lines detection in file compare.
- Ability to ignore whitespace and letter case changes.
- Creates patch files.
- Shell integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions).
- Rudimentary Visual SourceSafe and Rational ClearCase integration.
- Archive file support using 7-Zip.
- Language localization via plain-text PO files.
- Online manual and installed HTML help manual.
- Generates normal, context, and unified patches.
- Official website
- WinMerge on SourceForge.net
- WinMerge Development Wiki
- Compare and merge files and folders with WinMerge Lifehacker
- WinMerge Portable
- Japanese WinMerge