Winchester School of Art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Winchester School of Art is one of the 25 Schools that make up the University of Southampton.
- BA (Hons) Fashion and Textile Design
- BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Graphic Arts
- MA Design
- MA Fine Art
- PhD study
- Darren Almond, 2005 Turner Prize nominee. Graduated in Fine Art in 1993.
- John Buckley, Sculptor.
- James Castle, Draughtsman and sculptor. Invited Artist at RWEA 2006.
- Ronald Cavaye Studied Music 1967–69. Pianist and writer.
- Brian Eno, Studied Fine Art 1966–69. Electronic music pioneer, recording artist and producer.
- Aaron Fletcher of Isle of Wight Indie band The Bees, was a Printmaking student from 1997–2000.
- Paul Lee, Artist in residence at Chinati Foundation in 2007, Brooklyn-based sculptural artist. Graduated in Fine Art in 1997.
- Mick O'Dea, Artist. Graduated in Fine Art in 1997.
- Katie Pratt, Youngest ever winner of the Jerwood painting prize in 2001. Graduated in Fine Art, painting, in 1992.
- Linda Sutton Fine Art graduate. Winner of the double painting prize 1969, won the 100' mural prize at The Royal College of Art, London.
- Stella Tennant, Graduated in Fine Art in 1993 – went on to be a supermodel.
- Jasmine Guinness, Spent one year on Printmaking – went on to be a supermodel.
- Alasdhair Willis, Magazine publisher famous for Wallpaper magazine – married to Stella McCartney. Graduated in Fine Art in 1992.
- "University of Southampton: Winchester School of Art". Prospects location=UK. Retrieved 11 December 2012.