Wind Quintet No. 4 (Perle)
Wind Quintet IV (1984-5) is George Perle's (1915–2009) fourth wind quintet. He was awarded the 1986 Pulitzer Prize for Music and a MacArthur Fellowship for the piece. It premiered at Merkin Concert Hall on October 2, 1985, performed and commissioned by the Dorian Wind Quintet. Movements:
- Kozinn, Allan (January 24, 2009). "George Perle, a Composer and Theorist, Dies at 93", New York Times.
- Elizabeth A. Brennan, Elizabeth C. Clarage (1999). Who's who of Pulitzer Prize winners, p.444. ISBN 978-1-57356-111-2.
- Heinz Dietrich Fischer (2010). The Pulitzer Prize winners for music: composer biographies, premiere programs and jury reports, p.184-185. ISBN 978-3-631-59608-1.
- Rosenhaus, Steven L. (1995). "Harmonic Motion in George Perle's Wind Quintet No. 4," Ph.D. dissertation, School of Education, New York University. Cited in Perle, George (1996). Twelve-tone tonality, p.xv. ISBN 978-0-520-20142-2.
- "George Perle Excerpt", DorianWindQuintet.org.
|This article about a classical composition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|