Wind of Change (Bee Gees song)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (November 2012)|
|"Wind of Change"|
|Single by Bee Gees|
|from the album Main Course|
|Released||31 May 1975|
|Recorded||17 February 1975|
|Writer(s)||Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb|
|Bee Gees B-side singles chronology|
"Wind of Change" is a song written by Barry and Robin Gibb and recorded by the Bee Gees for their 1975 album Main Course. It was released as a B-side of "Jive Talkin'" in September 1975. It was also released as a B-side of "Spirits (Having Flown)" in 1979 (only in UK and Japan). It was probably their second disco song after the group recorded "Jive Talkin'". They performed this song on Midnight Special in 1975 and on their 1979 Spirits Having Flown Tour in 1979. "Wind of Change" was remastered in 2007 release of the compilation Bee Gees Greatest.
"Wind of Change" was also included on the various artists albums: Pool Mix 1990's, Golden Stars International: 180 Hits Internationaler Topstars, 100 No. 1 Hits, Woman in Love: Top 100 and Top 40 Hitdossier 1991-1992. It is the first track on the fourth side of the double album Here At Last, the Bee Gees Live, recorded on December 20, 1976 at the Forum, Los Angeles and released by RSO in 1977.
Recording and structure
The song was originally recorded in 8 and 10 January, but that version was not released, the group re-made the song in February 17 and that version was released. The orchestra conduct by Arif Mardin was heard on this song, Joe Farrell plays sax (on the song's instrumental break) and Ray Barretto plays percussion on this song. After the group recorded the song, they recorded "Baby As You Turn Away".
Barry and Robin sings harmony on the following lines:
Get on up, look around
Robin sings lead on the following lines:
he don't know where he'll go wrong
And on the first line on the song's third verse, the powerful voice of Barry was featured, Don't you understand what I'm sayin', we need a God down here.
- Barry Gibb — lead, harmony and backing vocal, guitar
- Robin Gibb — lead,harmony and backing vocal
- Maurice Gibb — bass, guitar, backing vocal
- Alan Kendall — guitar, steel guitar
- Dennis Bryon — drums
- Blue Weaver — piano, keyboard, synthesizer
- Joe Farrell — sax
- Ray Barretto — percussion
- Arif Mardin — orchestral arrangement, producer
- "Bee Gees - Jive Talkin' / Wind of Change". Discogs. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Bee Gees - Spirits (Having Flown) / Wind of Change". Discogs. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- Brennan, Joseph. "Gibb Songs: 1975". Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- David N. Meyer. The Bee Gees: The Biography. Retrieved 5 December 2014.