From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windflower may refer to:
- Anemone nemorosa, a species of flowering plant
- Anemone, a genus of flowering plants
- The flower Adonis turns into after having been torn to pieces by a boar in Ovid's 'Venus and Adonis' and in the various translations of that story by Shakespeare, Ted Hughes, etc.
- Pulsatilla patens, also called Anemone patens, a poisonous plant
- Sir Edward Elgar's private name for Alice Stuart-Wortley, his close friend and correspondent.
- Windflowers, a song written by Seals and Crofts.
- Windflowers, a painting of John William Waterhouse.
- Windflower, a novel by Gabrielle Roy.
- Windflower, a novel written by Nick Bantock.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.