From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up window in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A window is an opening in an otherwise solid, opaque surface, through which light can pass.
Window may also refer to:
- Launch window, in aerospace, a time period in which a particular rocket must be launched
- Chaff (radar countermeasure), during World War II, the dropping of aluminium foil by aircraft to deceive radar installations
Arts and entertainment
- Window (album), an album released by The Microphones in 2000
- The Window, a 1949 film based on the short story "The Boy Who Cried Murder" by Cornell Woolrich
- Window (short story), a 1980 science-fiction short story by Bob Leman
- The Window (song cycle), a musical piece by Sullivan and Tennyson
- "Window", a song by jazz singer Fiona Apple from her album Extraordinary Machine
- "Window", a song by The Album Leaf
- Window (film), a 2005 film starring Louis Gossett, Jr.
- "Window", a song by Tyler, the Creator from the album Goblin
- Window (computing), a display rectangle used by a graphical user interface (GUI)
- X Window System, the system used by most Unix-like operating systems and OpenVMS
- A window in computer networking, a data transmission period, see Sliding Window Protocol
- Register window, a feature of some CPUs
- Window Snyder, former Mozilla Corporation security expert
Science and technology
- Atmospheric or Astronomical window, those parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that are not absorbed by the Earth's atmosphere
- Window period, in medicine, the time between first infection and detectability
- Window function, in signal processing, a function that is zero-valued outside of some chosen interval
- Window (geology) (or "fenster"), a hole in a thrust sheet through which the underlying rocks crop out
- Johari window, a technique to improve understanding of one's self and the perceptions of others
- Overton Window, the range of political ideas the public will accept
- First window (disambiguation)
- Second window (disambiguation)
- Windows (disambiguation)
- Windowing (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Window.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.