Window on the World
|Window on the World|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original run||January 27, 1949– April 14, 1949|
Each episode featured performers from various countries, with film clips of exotic locales. Merle Kendrick conducted the orchestra. Other featured performers included comedian Gil Lamb and actress Irene Manning. The program, produced and distributed by DuMont, aired Thursday nights at 9 pm Eastern Time on most DuMont affiliates.
The UCLA Film and Television Archive holds one episode from March 25, 1949.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- Brooks, Tim & Marsh, Earle (1964). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows (3rd ed.). New York: Ballantine. ISBN 0-345-31864-1.
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This television program–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|