Windsor Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Windsor Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio|
Windsor Mills Christ Church Episcopal, a historic site in the township
Municipalities and townships of Ashtabula County
|• Total||24.7 sq mi (64.0 km2)|
|• Land||24.7 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||92/sq mi (35.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085747|
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Hartsgrove Township - north
- Rome Township - northeast corner
- Orwell Township - east
- Bloomfield Township, Trumbull County - southeast corner
- Mesopotamia Township, Trumbull County - south
- Middlefield Township, Geauga County - southwest corner
- Huntsburg Township, Geauga County - west
- Montville Township, Geauga County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the board is composed of chairman Jeffrey Merritt and members Bonnie Plizga and Robert Slusher.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Windsor township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.