Wine Enthusiast Magazine
|Frequency||14 issues per year|
|Publisher||Wine Enthusiast Companies|
Wine Enthusiast Magazine is a lifestyle magazine covering wine, food, spirits, travel and entertaining topics. It was founded in 1988 by Adam and Sybil Strum and reaches 800,000 readers. Its wine ratings, conducted by reviewers in major wine-producing areas of the world, comprise a large section of the magazine. Its website includes additional and original wine lifestyle-related content, and holds a database of 500 spirit ratings.
Among the magazine's editors are Sue Kostrzewa, Steve Heimoff, Michael Schachner, Joe Czerwinski, Kerin O'Keefe, Virgine Boon, Roger Voss, Lauren Buzzeo and Paul Gregutt. Monica Larner served as the magazine's Italian Editor based in Rome for ten years before joining the Wine Advocate in April 2013.
In addition to print and online publication, Wine Enthusiast Magazine hosts events for consumers and the trade, such as the Toast of the Town walk-around food and wine event (New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Atlanta) and The Annual Wine Star Awards dinner, during which awards are given to recipients in ten major industry categories.
Wine Enthusiast companies
Wine Enthusiast magazine is part of the Wine Enthusiast Companies, founded in 1979 by Adam and Sybil Strum, which also includes a wine accessories catalog company, Wine Enthusiast, and an online wine shop, Wine Express.
- Hodara, Susa, Westchester Home (October 9, 2008). Perfect Pairing
- Wine Business (September 22, 2010). Wine Enthusiast Expands Tasting Department
- Wine Enthusiast Magazine. "Meet the editors".
- "The Wine Advocate & eRobertParker.com Unveil Two More Reviewers Joining Its World-Renowned Editorial Team". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Slocum, Bill, The New York Times (May 7, 2000). House Wine Gets Its Own Room
- Covel, Simona, Wall Street Journal (October 2, 2008). Wine Enthusiast Looks to Win Over a Wider Audience