Wine Institute (California)
The Wine Institute is a public policy advocacy organization representing over 1000 California wineries and affiliated businesses. Led by Bobby Koch, its mission is "to initiate state, federal, and international public policy to enhance the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine." The Wine Institute is the only advocacy group representing the California wine industry at the state, federal and international levels. 
The organization's initiatives include:
- a partnership with the California Travel and Tourism Commission to showcase California's wine and food offerings
- an export program providing marketing support for California wines outside the US with trade representation in 16 countries
- promotion of sustainable winegrowing, in conjunction with the California Association of Winegrape Growers
- Leon Adams, co-founder of the Wine Institute
- Cone, Tracie (January 31, 2010). "State Wine Shipments Down; First Time Since '93". San Francisco Chronicle. p. D-1. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- "Our Mission". The Wine Institute. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- "About". The Wine Institute. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- Heeger, Jack (September 7, 2006). "Wine Institute Joins Forces". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- Nigro, Dana (January 13, 2010). "California Wine Industry Establishes New Green Certification". Wine Spectator. Retrieved February 1, 2010.
|This wine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|