From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The distinction between a wine cocktail and a cocktail with wine is the relative amounts of the various alcohols. In a wine cocktail, the wine product is the primary alcohol by volume compared to the distilled alcohol or mixer.
List of wine cocktails
Wine variation cocktails
Sparkling wine cocktails
Red wine cocktails
White wine cocktails
- Bellini — Prosecco and white peach puree
- Buck's Fizz
- Celebration - Ritalin pills in Champagne or sparkling wine.
- Champagne Cocktail flute glass, add a dash or two of Angostura bitters, carefully fill with chilled dry Champagne or sparkling wine, and garnish with a cocktail cherry — 1 cube of sugar placed in a
- Cheeky Vimto
- Chicago Cocktail variation
- Death in the Afternoon
- Flirtini — vodka, champagne, lime juice and pineapple juice
- French 75
- Golden Doublet
- Kalimotxo or Calimocho or Rioja Libre
- Kir Royale (see Kir)
- Mimosa — sparkling wine and orange juice
- One-Balled Dictator — 5 parts German Liebfraumilch, 1 part French Champagne, briefly but violently shaken, then poured into a rocks glass containing one candy cinnamon ball. This produces a very white drink, to which much symbolism was applied by British WWII veterans as related in the lyrics of a crude song "Hitler Has Only Got One Ball".
- Prince of Wales
- Ruby Dutchess — 1 part pomegranate juice, 2 parts Champagne in a flute glass, named for its color and place of origin (an estate in Dutchess County, New York)
- Savoy Affair
- Tinto de verano
- Wine cooler
- "Champagne Cocktail Recipes" – over 70 recipes including photos and descriptions.