From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The distinction between a wine cocktail and a cocktail with wine is the relative amounts of the various alcohols. In a wine cocktail, the wine product is the primary alcohol by volume compared to the distilled alcohol or mixer.
List of wine cocktails
See also: List of cocktails § Wines
Wine variation cocktails
Sparkling wine cocktails
See also: Champagne Cocktail
Red wine cocktails
White wine cocktails
- Bellini — Prosecco and white peach puree
- Buck's Fizz
- Celebration - Ritalin pills in Champagne or sparkling wine.
- Champagne Cocktail flute glass, add a dash or two of Angostura bitters, carefully fill with chilled dry Champagne or sparkling wine, and garnish with a cocktail cherry — 1 cube of sugar placed in a
- Cheeky Vimto
- Chicago Cocktail variation
- Death in the Afternoon
- Flirtini — vodka, champagne, lime juice and pineapple juice
- French 75
- Golden Doublet
- Kalimotxo or Calimocho or Rioja Libre
- Kir Royale (see Kir)
- Mimosa — sparkling wine and orange juice
- One-Balled Dictator — 5 parts German Liebfraumilch, 1 part French Champagne, briefly but violently shaken, then poured into a rocks glass containing one candy cinnamon ball. This produces a very white drink, to which much symbolism was applied by British WWII veterans as related in the lyrics of a crude song "Hitler Has Only Got One Ball".
- Prince of Wales
- Ruby Dutchess — 1 part pomegranate juice, 2 parts Champagne in a flute glass, named for its color and place of origin (an estate in Dutchess County, New York)
- Savoy Affair
- Tinto de verano
- Wine cooler
- "Champagne Cocktail Recipes" – over 70 recipes including photos and descriptions.