Wings of Alaska
|Parent company||SeaPort Airlines|
|Headquarters||Juneau, Alaska, USA|
|Key people||Rob McKinney (President)|
Wings of Alaska is an American scheduled and charter airline company based in Juneau in the U.S. state of Alaska. It is a d/b/a of SeaPort Airlines Inc. Wings of Alaska is one of 7 airlines in Alaska with the Medallion Foundation Shield, which has strict safety & operational guidelines that exceed the Federal Aviation Regulations. Wings is the only scheduled land-based airline in Southeast Alaska to have earned this Shield.
Wings of Alaska was set up in 1982, serving numerous communities with scheduled and charter flights in addition to flying tourists who visit southeast Alaska, many of them who were to visit Alaska for very short periods of time, to destinations across the airline's route map. Having only small airplanes and not jetliners, Wings of Alaska clients could benefit from the airline's lower fares when compared to other airlines that flew the same routes. The operation boasts the Medallion Foundation Shield, meaning the carrier exceeds most FAA standards and excels in safety. Of 153 airlines in Alaska, only 7 have earned the Shield. Wings fleet is also equipped with state-of-the-art Chelton Flight Systems Capstone Program, offering "Highway In The Sky" technology.
During the 2000s, Wings of Alaska signed a partnership contract with Alaska Airlines in which the airlines cooperated by luring clients from outside Alaska to use the services of both during Alaskan trips.
Wings of Alaska also has a cargo division, located at the airline's central offices in Juneau.
Wings of Alaska was a d/b/a of Alaska Juneau Aeronautics, though that name has now been changed to SeaPort Airlines Inc.
Wings of Alaska operates scheduled flights to the following locations in Alaska:
- Juneau (JNU) – Juneau International Airport
- Excursion Inlet (EXI) – Excursion Inlet Seaplane Base
- Gustavus (GST) – Gustavus Airport
- Haines (HNS) – Haines Airport
- Hoonah (HNH) – Hoonah Airport
- Skagway (SGY) – Skagway Airport
They also have charter service throughout Alaska.
A list of aircraft used by Wings of Alaska:
- "Contact Us." Wings of Alaska. Retrieved on July 18, 2010. "Mailing Address: Wings of Alaska 8421 Livingston Way Juneau, AK 99801-8098"
- "Company Overview." SeaPort Airlines. Retrieved on May 19, 2011.
- Wings of Alaska, official website
- "Summer Schedule, Effective May 6, 2009 thru September 8, 2009". Wings of Alaska. 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2009-07-04.