Winkworth plc is an international estate agent listed on the London Stock Exchange. It was founded by Henry Winkworth in 1835. The company operates from a network of over 80 offices in the United Kingdom and has associates in France, Portugal, Italy and Switzerland. They have 58 offices in London, making it the single largest estate agency brand in Greater London. Winkworth expanded its operations into Berkshire with the opening of its 89th office in Newbury in January 2011.
Winkworth was founded in 1835 by Henry Winkworth. The original Head Office was located in Curzon Street, Mayfair—with a country office in Brighton. Originally, the main business involved selling residential property to an exclusive client list and letting houses in Mayfair to the landed gentry for "the season".
In 1981 Winkworth became a franchise estate agency—the first in the UK. Winkworth were also the first estate agents to have multiple London offices. The company celebrated its 175th Anniversary in 2010.
- Sharon Lindores (October 12, 2009). "UK estate agent Winkworth plans AIM flotation". Reuters. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- Jenny Davey (October 11, 2009). "Winkworth set for float with £8m tag". The Sunday Times. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- "Winkworth public listing raises £1.1m". The Negotiator. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- "Winkworth opens 89th office". The Negotiator. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Winkworth from 1835 - Winkworth
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|