Winnemucca Municipal Airport
|Winnemucca Municipal Airport|
Airport entrance and sign
|IATA: WMC – ICAO: KWMC – FAA LID: WMC|
|Location||Humboldt County, Nevada|
|Elevation AMSL||4,308 ft / 1,313 m|
Winnemucca Municipal Airport (IATA: WMC, ICAO: KWMC, FAA LID: WMC) is a public use airport located five nautical miles (9 km) southwest of the central business district of Winnemucca, a city in Humboldt County, Nevada, United States. The airport is owned by the city and county.
Facilities and aircraft
Winnemucca Municipal Airport covers an area of 968 acres (392 ha) at an elevation of 4,308 feet (1,313 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 14/32 is 7,000 by 100 feet (2,134 x 30 m) and 2/20 is 4,800 by 75 feet (1,463 x 23 m). It also has two helipads (H1 and H2) with concrete surfaces measuring 25 by 25 feet (8 x 8 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 30, 2012, the airport had 25,575 aircraft operations, an average of 70 per day: 94% general aviation, 6% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 34 aircraft based at this airport: 94% single-engine and 6% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for WMC ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (WMC: Winnemucca)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 14, 2014.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Media related to Winnemucca Municipal Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- PDF from Nevada DOT
- Aerial image as of June 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for WMC, effective January 8, 2015
- Resources for this airport:
|This Nevada airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|