Winnipeg Is a Frozen Shithole
|Winnipeg Is a Frozen Shithole|
|Studio album by Venetian Snares|
|Released||January 20, 2005|
|Venetian Snares chronology|
The album title refers to Funk's home town of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Distorted bass and drum samples are predominant on this album, creating a gabber-like sound. Also frequently heard are vocal samples contemptful of Winnipeg (e.g. a sample of "Die, die, die, Winnipeg!") frequently heard on "Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die" or samples of celebrities from Winnipeg. Samples of Winnipeg musicians Randy Bachman and Crash Test Dummies, director Guy Maddin's The Saddest Music in the World, and CKND newscaster Peter Chura (saying "a Winnipeg wrestling coach was accused of sexually assaulting one of his athletes" on "Winnipeg is Fucking Over") are all present on the album.
On side A of the first record of the two-part vinyl EP release, there are several "hidden" loops before the first song.
"Winnipeg Is Steven Stapleton's Armpit", in both title and style, is a nod to Nurse With Wound's early work.
- "Winnipeg Is a Frozen Shithole" – 4:32
- "Winnipeg Is a Dogshit Dildo" – 3:53
- "Winnipeg Is Fucking Over" – 6:25
- "Winnipeg Is Steven Stapleton's Armpit" – 2:52
- "Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die" – 7:01
- "Winnipeg as Mandatory Scat Feed" – 6:49
- "Winnie the Dog Pooh (Not Half Remix)" – 4:07
- "Winnipeg Is a Boiling Pot of Cranberries (Fanny Remix)" – 4:21
- "Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die (Spreading the Hepatitis SKM-ETR Style)" – 5:17
- Mason, Stewart. Winnipeg Is a Frozen Shithole review allmusic.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-29.
- Macdonald, Cameron (February 10, 2005). "Winnipeg Is a Frozen Shithole | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole re-release! Support local science gabber :)". Facebook. May 27, 2013. Retrieved May 27, 2013.