Winslow West, Arizona
|Winslow West, Arizona|
Location in Navajo County and the state of Arizona
|• Total||17.9 sq mi (46.3 km2)|
|• Land||17.9 sq mi (46.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,982 ft (1,519 m)|
|• Density||25/sq mi (9.5/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1853172|
Winslow West is a census-designated place (CDP) in Coconino and Navajo counties in the U.S. state of Arizona. The population was 438 at the 2010 census. The entire community is off-reservation trust land belonging to the Hopi tribe until just recently where The Navajo Nation bought the whole area for land exchange to the former JUA Area, currently a small Casino is planning to be built in the area which is proposed to be called Sacred Navajo Mesa Casino & Bingo. It lies just west of the city of Winslow, and more than 50 km (31 mi) south of the main Hopi reservation.
Winslow West is located at (35.037411, -110.748884).
As of the census of 2000, there were 131 people, 30 households, and 30 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 418.8 people per square mile (163.2/km²). There were 32 housing units at an average density of 102.3/sq mi (39.9/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 100.00% Native American. 1.53% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 30 households out of which 86.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 26.7% were married couples living together, 63.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 0.0% were non-families. No households were made up of individuals and none had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 4.37 and the average family size was 3.93.
In the CDP the age distribution of the population shows 56.5% under the age of 18, 6.9% from 18 to 24, 31.3% from 25 to 44, 4.6% from 45 to 64, and 0.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 16 years. For every 100 females there were 95.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 78.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $8,250, and the median income for a family was $8,250. Males had a median income of $0 versus $26,250 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $3,951. There were 88.9% of families and 68.4% of the population living below the poverty line, including 56.2% of those under 18 and none of those over 64.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Winslow West CDP, Arizona". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Winslow West CDP, Arizona". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Winslow West CDP, Hopi Reservation Trust Land, Arizona, United States Census Bureau