Winton Woods City School District
|Winton Woods City Schools|
"Cultivating a World Class Education"
|Type and location|
|Type||Public School District|
|Grades||pre-K through 12|
|Location||Forest Park, Ohio,Greenhills, Ohio, and Springfield Township|
|President||Kim Burns(Board President)|
|Superintendent||Anthony G. Smith, Superintendent|
|Students and staff|
|Colors||Green and Blue|
Winton Woods City School District is a city school district in northern Hamilton County, Ohio. Winton Woods serves students living in Forest Park, as well as Greenhills, and Springfield Township.
The school district was renamed Winton Woods when Greenhills and Forest Park High Schools were merged in 1991 for the 1991-92 school year.
The school board's general offices are located at 1215 W. Kemper Rd. in Forest Park, next to the high school.
The current superintendent is Anthony G. Smith.
Located 15 miles north of metropolitan Cincinnati, the Winton Woods City School District serves approximately 3,500 students from the three neighboring communities of Greenhills, Forest Park and northern Springfield Township. The district's location in the north end of the I-275 loop provides easy access to the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan area which features museums, theaters, colleges and universities, opera, ballet, symphony, Pops orchestra and two professional sports teams, as well as the third largest zoo in the country.
The rolling hills and 2,375 forested acres of Winton Woods Park, on the Hamilton County's largest parks, provides the backdrop for the district. The park provides families with year-round camping, hiking, picnic areas and playground facilities. Boating and fishing are available on the lake. Two public golf courses and the newly constructed Meadow Links Golf Academy, located within the park boundaries, provide challenging golf. The communities share not only a school district and public park but long-standing traditions advocating family, quality education and community pride.
Schools within the district
- Winton Woods High School - Grades 9-12 (formerly Forest Park High School up until merger in 1991)
- Winton Woods Middle School - Grades 7-8 (formerly Greenhills High School up until merger in 1991)
- Winton Woods Intermediate - Grades 5-6 (formerly Waycross Elementary after the 1991 merger, and Forest Park Middle School before the 1991 merger)
- Winton Woods Elementary - Grades 3-4 (formerly Winton Forest Elementary)
- Winton Woods Primary North Campus - Grades K-2 (formerly Beechwoods Elementary)
- Winton Woods Primary South Campus - Grades preK-2 (formerly Lakeside Elementary)
- East (Forest Park) - Princeton City School District
- West (Forest Park) - Northwest Local School District
- North (Forest Park ) - Fairfield City School District
- South (Green Hills) - Finneytown Local School District
- South (Forest Park) - Mt Healthy City Schools
Closed Schools/ buildings no longer district schools
- Damon Road Elementary School (Greenhills)
- Forest View Elementary School (Forest Park in 'H' section)
- Cameron Park Elementary School (Forest Park in 'C' section)
- Greenhills Middle School (Greenhills, located directly behind Greenhills Shopping Center)
Winton Woods Warriors we'll fight for you. Winton Woods Warrior, we love the green and blue Push forward Varsity our cheers will reach the sky Go Warriors on to Victory will be our battle cry.
|This Hamilton County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|