Wipf and Stock
|Founder||John Wipf and Jon Stock|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Eugene, Oregon|
|Nonfiction topics||theology, biblical studies, history and philosophy|
|Imprints||Wipf & Stock, Cascade Books, Pickwick Publications and Resource Publications|
Wipf and Stock were established in 1995 following a joint venture between John Wipf of the Archives Bookshop in Pasadena, California, and Jon Stock of Windows Booksellers in Eugene, Oregon. The company publish new works and reprints under the imprints Wipf & Stock, Cascade Books, Pickwick Publications and Resource Publications.
The publishing focus of Wipf & Stock is broad, with books in biblical studies, theology, ethics, church history, linguistics, history, classics, philosophy, preaching, and church ministry. The authors are many and have differing backgrounds, they include John Howard Yoder an American Mennonite theologian, Michael A. Milton an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church, Chancellor and chief executive officer of Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS), a professor, a writer, and a musician. and Paul Poulton a British singer-songwriter and writer.
- "Wipf and Stock Academic Reprints in Old English Studies". Old English Newsletter – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 1 April 2005. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- Russo, Ed (15 October 2002). "Partners go for bookish change". The Register Guard – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- Bjordstad, Randi (18 March 2012). "Eugene rabbi offers a modern rendering of Moses". The Register Guard – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Heartland Presbytery (PCA)". PCA Historical Center. Retrieved March 17, 2012.
- "Chancellor's Biography". Reformed Theological Seminary. Retrieved 2012-03-04.
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|