The wire-tailed manakin (Pipra filicauda) is a species of bird in the Pipridae family. It is found upriver in the western Amazon Basin and the neighboring countries of northern Peru, eastern Ecuador and Colombia, and southern and western portions of Venezuela. In Venezuela it occurs upriver in the Orinoco River basin, but not the final 1300 km; its range in Venezuela continues around the Andes cordillera to the northwestern coast. In northwest Brazil, the species ranges from Roraima and Amazonas west to Venezuela and Colombia, and southwest from Rondônia and Acre to Peru and Ecuador.
- Wire-tailed manakin videos on the Internet Bird Collection
- Stamps (for Ecuador) with RangeMap
- Photo; Article sunbirdtours
- Photo-Medium Res; Article mindobirds—"Amazonian Ecuador"
- Photo-High Res; Article borderland-tours
- Wire-tailed Manakin photo gallery VIREO Photo-High Res
|This Pipridae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|